To change a Name in Birth Certificate, you will need to have following documents,
- Original Birth Certificate
- Father Aadhar Card
- Mother Aadhar Card
- Affidavit for Change of Name
So, what is this Affidavit for change of Name? How to get this Affidavit?
You will need to take a Stamp Paper for Rs.20/- with the reason as ARTICLE 4 AFFIDAVIT.
The Affidavit should contain, Name of Parents, Address & a Declaration.
Parents will have to declare as follows in the affidavit,
- That the old name of their child is gonna be replaced by a new name.
- They will be using new name in all legal records and documents.
- They authorize everybody to address their child with the new name.
Once affidavit is ready, both the parents have to sign it, get it notarized and submit it to office.
In the office, they usually take around 15 days to process & update birth certificate. Old name will be removed and new name will be added in birth certificate.
You can also contact 8152999000 to know how to do Change of Name in Birth Certificate and get it delivered at your doorstep.
No Comments Yet